Car Hire in Istanbul AirportLooking for Car Rentals? Discover All the Istanbul Airport Car Hire Options
Istanbul Airport Car Hire
Renting a car from Istanbul Airport (IST) is the best way to enjoy independent and unstressed rides in Istanbul. Plan your journey exactly as you wish, without having to waste time catching a taxi or waiting for the metro, tram or bus. You will find plenty of car rental companies at Istanbul Grand Airport (IGA), therefore, you should make your research and compare prices and deals to find the best-suited car hire for your visit in Istanbul.
As the car rental agencies at Istanbul Airport are numerous, you will find any vehicle category you may search for, from family sedan cars to minivans and from economy models to luxury and expensive vehicles. You may also find interesting that the most popular rental-car model in Istanbul is Renault Symbol and Hyundai i20. In any case, if you are up to 4 persons and you travel light, you should choose a small car as the roads in Istanbul are usually congested and finding a parking spot is hard. All the car rental offices and counters are located at the arrivals floors. Thus, you will easily trace down the best car hire deal and reserve yourself a low-cost but efficient car rental vehicle.
Car Rental Companies in Istanbul Airport
Istanbul Airport is a world-class airport providing top-quality services. Therefore, no matter which car rental company you are looking for, from international car rental agencies to local providers, it is almost certain that you will find it in Istanbul Airport. Explicitly, the car hire companies present at Istanbul Airport are:
- Avec Car Rental
- Çizgi Rent a Car
- Green Motion
- Payless Car
- Ülger Rent a Car
Istanbul Airport Car Rental for Foreigners
To hire and drive a car in Istanbul, you must have a valid national driving license and a 2-years driving experience. An international driver’s permit is useful but not obligatory. However, if the personal information in your driver license isn’t also written in Latin characters, an international driver’s permit or an official translation in English will be certainly required.
Car Rental Tips
- You should always book your car rental vehicle in advance. In that way, you will save time waiting at the airport’s counters and secure the most affordable rates as well as the car of your choice.
- Keep in mind that a credit card is required as a form of security deposit.
- It is advisable to take the full-coverage when renting a car, so if the worst should happen, you will be fully insured.
- It is recommended to choose filling up the car before returning it as you will certainly pay less for the fuel price than what the car rental company will charge you.
- Car rental companies charge for every day of the rental (for every 24h). Choose your return time wisely so that you won’t be charged for another day’s hire without reason.
- Note that you must respect the road rules as any potential fine received, will be directly forwarded to the car rental agency and onward to you.
- A GPS will prove very handy as Istanbul streets can be tricky to navigate; some roads don’t have clear street name signs, central areas are pedestrian etc.
- Istanbul traffic is notorious. Hence, if possible, you should avoid driving during the rush hours (7:30-9:30 am / 5:00-8:30 pm).
- Renting a car from a car agency counter outside the airport will most likely be more expensive than car hires from an airport car agency.